Upcoming Courses for 2016. Save the Dates!
April 2-3: Pelvic PT Boot Camp, San Diego , CA. Instructor – Tracy Sher. Expert Lab Assistants – Holly Herman and Cindy Furey. REGISTER
- Increase your clinical skills and comfort with treating pelvic health patients in a short amount of time! The course is limited to 20 participants for more hands-on learning!
- Here’s a review of the course
April 15-17: Phoenix, AZ – Pudendal Palooza II. Special Pudendal Neuralgia and Pelvic Pain Course Series. Physician Lectures + Pudendal PT Course. REGISTER
- April 15 – Medical and Surgical Management of Pudendal Neuralgia/PNE, Pelvic Pain and Mesh Complications with Drs. Hibner and Castellanos (open to physicians, nurses, and PTs)
- April 16-17: The full Pudendal Neuralgia/Pelvic Pain Course for Pelvic PTs by Tracy Sher and Loretta J. Robertson.
July 29-31, 2016 Orlando, FL: The Female Athlete – The Lower Half (L/S, pelvis, hip, lower limbs). Course Instructor, Antony Lo, the Physio Detective from Australia. REGISTER
- *Open to: MSK/Sports/Ortho/Women’s Health Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Personal trainers, Coaches and other interested health and fitness professionals.
- Course Description: High intensity has been popular for decades. However people like Jane Fonda, Les Mills, bootcamps, Obstacle Course Racing and CrossFit have made high intensity exercise popular for females. The USA Weightlifting Federation has seen a significant increase in membership largely in part to CrossFit’s use of Olympic Weightlifting in its exercise programming. With such high level physical challenges come concerns about how to manage common women’s health problems such as Incontinence, Pelvic Organ Prolapse (associated more with pelvic floor weakness) and Pelvic Pain (particularly from pelvic floor overactivity) as well as concerns about exercising during pregnancy, and postpartum issues such as divarication of rectus abdominis, exercising after a Caesarian section, and lifting while breastfeeding.This course will attempt to address these concerns about high intensity exercise in women, teach participants some of the common loaded movements, how to modify these exercises for different populations, and how to assess, treat and rehabilitate common lower half injuries.
September 2016, Pudendal Neuralgia and Pelvic Pain Course, Honolulu, Hawaii. REGISTER
- October 13-16: International Pelvic Pain Society Annual Conference – Chicago, IL
(Date Pending) Pelvic PT Bootcamp, Florida
(Date Pending): PF3 Advanced Pelvic Floor Function, Dysfunction and Treatment. Pelvic Floor Level 3 Course.
(Early 2017 TBD further): Yoga and Pelvic Health Summit
(2017) Cash PT Course – Starting or Growing a Niche, “Cash PT” Program.
More courses to be added!
Mentoring, Webinars, and Courses (Currently for PTs)
Mentoring /Coaching Program
Do you want to learn more clinical skills and knowledge in the specialized field of pelvic physical therapy? Get this – we are developing a mentoring and coaching program with potential for on-site and online training. The response has already been incredibly positive! Tracy Sher, MPT, CSCS is leading this project that will involve many other experienced clinicians as well.
If you are interested in signing up for opportunities to receive on-site mentoring and/or distance coaching, please do the following 2 steps:
1. Click on this link so that you will be added to our interest list to receive further updates and info:
2. Fill out THIS SURVEY so that we learn more about YOUR interests as we develop the programs.
This is a new and exciting concept for Pelvic Health PTs as part of the Pelvic Guru Mentoring Program!! I’ve listened to the requests and am so excited to launch this “Beta” course! Increase your clinical skills and comfort with treating pelvic health patients in a short amount of time!
Imagine a course that is geared towards improving your hands-on clinical skills and critical thinking skills. The focus of this course is mastering the basic skills to be able to treat general pelvic health cases – bowel, bladder, and general pelvic pain conditions for women and men. You will gain confidence and have all of your questions answered!
Interested in a free WEBINAR on FAST TRACK TO BECOMING A PELVIC PT?
One of the top questions we get is: I am a PT and am considering doing the courses for Pelvic PT. Which ones should I take? I’m not even sure if I’ll like doing it. What is Pelvic PT exactly? What are the “inside tips” to becoming comfortable with doing this type of work?
If you are interested in a free Webinar on steps you can take to become a proficient pelvic health PT (if you are an SPT or licensed PT in another specialty), this is for you!