Tracy Sher, Founder/CEO & Instructor
Fun fact: Pelvic Guru started out in 2012 as a hobby site by Tracy. She had a passion and desire to improve access to information and resources about pelvic health for the public. The response to the originally small blog website and social media account was overwhelmingly positive and has now grown to a mission-driven business that includes a full spectrum of services - a pelvic health education academy, global professional membership (GPHAM), mentoring courses, patient groups on social media, the largest multidisciplinary global pelvic health directory, and a wide array of resources.
- Founder/CEO of Pelvic Guru, LLC/Pelvic Global
- Owner and Clinical Director of Sher Pelvic Health and Healing, LLC. Orlando, FL.
- Clinical physical therapy practice in pelvic health and orthopedics since 2000 (outpatient hospital and private practice).
- Specializes in complex pelvic pain, genital pain, sexual pain and dysfunction, pregnancy, and postpartum.
- International educator and speaker on pelvic pain, postpartum, and pelvic health integration and critical thinking courses
- Current faculty for Pelvic Global Academy. Former faculty for Herman and Wallace Pelvic Health Rehabilitation Institute for four years, teaching PF1 nationally.
- Sees complex patients from the Orlando area and around the world who seek out her expertise, critical thinking, and hands-on skills.
- B.A., Emory University, MPT, Northwestern University, DPT, College of St. Scholastica
- Former Board Member of International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS). Member of International Society for the Study of Women's Sexual Health (ISSWSH) and American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT).
- Tracy Sher Courses (pelvicguruacademy.com)
Heather Edwards, PT, CSC (she/they) COO, Content Manager, Instructor
Heather Edwards, PT, CSC has been a pelvic physical therapist for 18 years and is an AASECT certified Sexuality Counselor as well as a Sex Educator. Heather (she/they) achieved their dual certificate at the University of Michigan Sexual Health Certificate Program. They founded Vino & Vulvas in 2015 and it quickly became their favorite thing to do. They have presented at APTA, AASECT, Intersex, and Trans Health conferences and teaches for Pelvic Global Academy on the topic of Trans-Inclusive Sexual & Pelvic Health. In addition to education and clinical work, Heather is an artist and illustrator of the coloring book series "Coloring Books for the Crotch Enthusiast". As part of Pelvic Global, they enjoy combining their enjoyment of spreadsheets with creative content to collaborate for all sorts of great stuff for the members and the course platform!
Heather Edwards has been a contributor and supporter of Pelvic Guru since 2013 and was thrilled to be able to join the team officially in 2018. Her role involves expanding and managing live and online courses and membership services as well as ensuring high-quality, evidence-based content throughout the platform. She also created and co-instructs the Transgender and Non-Binary Pelvic Health course for Pelvic Guru.
Heather has been a pelvic physical therapist for 18 years. She also completed the post-graduate University of Michigan Sexuality Counseling and Sexuality Education certificate program and is an AASECT certified sexuality counselor.
In 2015 she founded Vino & Vulvas, an inclusive, public, monthly event that connects sexual health providers with community members through educational panel discussions about sexuality, relationships, and pelvic health.
She creates "nonbinary crotch art" in the form of coloring books and genital diagrams that expand beyond "male" and "female".
To check out Heather's content on Pelvic Guru Academy, go to www.pelvicguruacademy.com/heather-edwards-courses.
Amy May, Courses Manager
"As the Courses Manager for Pelvic Global, Amy works with instructors and experts to ensure that their top notch education content is available to the public via the Pelvic Global Academy platform. In addition to publishing the courses and webinars online, she also assists learners in the enrollment process and provides user support throughout their experience. Working with both the instructors and the students provides excellent insight into just how impactful this work really is, and Amy is grateful to be a part of it.
Amy graduated from UNC Wilmington with a degree in environmental science and has worked for environmental organizations across the country. In addition to being the course manager for Pelvic Global, she is also a naturalist, and enjoys working in these varying fields of public wellness. She lives in Burnsville, NC with her husband and 2 kitties, and is an avid gardener and certified herbalist."