- This event has passed.
The Ultimate Bowel Course: GI and Pelvic Floor – ONLINE – SELF-PACED – with Susan Clinton
June 4, 2021, 6:27 pm EDT
Susan C. Clinton, PT, DScPT, OCS, WCS, FAAOMPT, NBHWC
THIS COURSE IS ONLINE AND SELF-PACED AND CAN BE FOUND HERE.
A comprehensive approach to gastrointestinal disorders including bowel and digestion dysfunction. This approach allows for the consideration of management of multiple factors s including nutritional, psychosocial, medical-surgical decisions, and physical therapy examination/intervention advanced intervention. A multifactorial approach can often lead to improved management of this complex patient as a varied intervention approach may be required to be successful. A comprehensive understanding of the physiology and symptom manifestation can improve the ability to develop a comprehensive intervention strategy tailored to each patient’s needs throughout the episode of care.
- This course contains lecture and lab (with options for small-group, online labs).
- You will receive the pre-course reading, slides, and resources for the course ahead of time.
Here is what you must have for the optional lab:
- A partner
- A surface suitable to do internal work
- A balloon catheter with stop-cock
- A few condoms
- A towel or pad
- Fun class! I was impressed with the knowledge gained in just the first 15 minutes of the weekend course!
- Susan has great knowledge and passion for what she teaches. She also has a great calmness in the way she teaches.
- I LOVED this course! I feel much more prepared to take on patients with fecal incontinence!
- I have taken several bowel courses in the past and this was by far the most enjoyable! With most of the basic anatomy and physiology covered in pre-course reading materials, we were able to focus on the practical application of skills, nutrition counseling, learning rectal ballooning, and having great discussions about all things bowel-related. I have started to think more holistically in my treatment as a result. Thanks!
- This was hands down one of the best courses I have ever taken. Susan takes such a fluid approach to teaching that leaves you craving more. This is the second time I have taken the course. I learned so many new skills and fine nuances that I did not fully appreciate the first time around. Susan brings so much energy and enthusiasm to the class, making skills practice in the ano-rectal area very approachable and non-threatening. Thanks for an amazing course!
Susan C. Clinton, PT, DScPT, OCS, WCS, FAAOMPT, NBHWC Susan is an award-winning physical therapist in professional achievement and co-owner of Embody Physiotherapy and Wellness in Sewickley, PA. Susan is board certified in orthopedic and women’s health physical therapy, a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Therapy, and a board certified health and wellness coach. She is an international instructor of post-professional education in women’s health (including GI issues in women), orthopedic manual therapy, and business psychology. She is on faculty at Andrews University in the Doctor of Science in PT program, a Master Coach for the Integrative Women’s Health Institute, and a clinical faculty instructor for the North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy. She is an adjunct faculty at many other universities and is an active professional/clinical mentor. Susan is the co-founder and board member for the foundation: Global Women’s Health Initiative. She is also the co-host of the 5 five-star podcast, “Tough to Treat,” the guide to treating complex patients, and “The Genius Project,” reframing the treatment of persistent musculoskeletal pain. Susan enjoys walking / hiking, country line dance and ballroom, and is an avid supporter of music, the arts, and international objectives for women’s health.
Susan’s contact information:
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/susancclinton/