The Female Athlete Level 2 – ONLINE/LIVE
September 26, 3:00 pm–October 4, 8:00 pm EDT$577
Antony Lo, APA Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, Master in Manual Therapy (UWA), B.App.Sc.(Physio)(USyd)
- Course: This ONE course takes place over TWO WEEKENDS September 26-27 & October 3-4.
- Each of the 4 days will be live in session from 3pm-8pm ET to accommodate the amount of content and various time zones.
ONLINE/LIVE. The course will be a live feed. This will NOT be a self-paced course.
Physical Therapy (PT/PTA) CEUs:
- Contact hours: 17
- Pelvic Guru, LLC is a recognized PT CEU provider for the state of NY.
- CA has approved 1.7 PT CEUs (California approves CEUs based on the contact hours divided by 10).
- For other states or professions, check your state reciprocity or if you can apply for CEUs individually.
You’ve completed The Female Athlete Course – Level 1. You loved the material and have been Doing Something Different with your clients. Now you want to take the next step and learn more about how to help your female athletes – from assessment, to the principles which guide how you help your client.
The Female Athlete Course – Level 1 has always had 3 key objectives
- To raise awareness of women’s pelvic health issues in women who want to use moderate to high intensity means to achieve their goals
- To raise awareness of how exercise can be used to help women with pelvic heath issues (and diastasis).
- To raise awareness of our language in a biopsychosocial framework – to reduce fear and promote empowerment of women managing their own issues.
The Female Athlete Course – Level 2 will carry those same 3 key objectives.
Additional information about what’s in the timetable…
- Evidence review – brief points – studies included – on the following topics
- Ante-Natal and Post-Natal Exercise
- Consult and Exercise Principles Parts 1 and 2
- Consult Principles
- Intake skills and communication
- Planning your assessment
- Conducting Your Assessment
- Session Summary for your client
- Exercise Principles for women with PFD / DRAM / AN / PN
- Group classes
- A Reflection Sheet about these principles will be provided for use on Day 2 as well as a checklist for feedback during Consults 1 and 2
- Consult Principles
- Exercise Modifications By Principles Part 1 and 2
- Review of Lower Body and Abs from Level 1
- Upper body Examples
- Oly Movements
- Helpful and unhelpful beliefs and treatments and what to do about them
- Dealing with myths and how to change beliefs of both the professional and client
- How to work as a professional who was trained in lots of different ways
- How to reframe what your “toolbox” looks like
Antony and his team are very excited to bring this course to you and hope you are just as excited as they are in taking part.
We look forward to seeing you in this course. Book now to secure your place!
What people are saying about Antony Lo’s classes:
“This in-person training was a game changer for me! I feel much more confident knowing when to progress my female athletes. The concepts were explained and presented well and this trip was an extremely good use of my time and resources. I loved connecting with the other coaches and PTs – all the attendees were kind and approachable which made it a wonderful learning environment!”
“This course challenged my thinking in ways that at first seemed scary and now feel productive and inspiring. I will leave this course challenging my stories, and seeking to “do something different”. I have new goals for myself and my clients and have a renewed focus in the gym. I had many “A-ha!” moments that I think will help me reduce pain and injury in myself, and serve my clients to grow as athletes.”
“We’ve all heard the saying “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you”. I’ve been a PT x 19 years and am happy when a course challenges what I’ve been taught previously and therefore changes the way I then practice going forward. This course did just that! And I loved the patient demos assessing DRA in supine and with activity. The assistants were wonderful- loved having off the cuff discussions with them/ Q&A. Also loved having at least 50% of the class as fitness professionals, it’s so great to come together and learn how to speak the same language. I highly recommend Antony Lo’s course and look forward to learning from his and the team in the future!”
Antony Lo The Physio Detective Sydney, Australia Australian Physiotherapy Association Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist Master in Manual Therapy (UWA) B.App.Sc.(Physio)(USyd). Antony Lo is a physiotherapist from Australia and runs The Physio Detective service. He earned his degree from the University of Sydney and has been in practice nearly 20 years (old enough to see old things come back as new things!). He completed his post-graduate masters in Manual Therapy (Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy) from the University of Western Australia and has completed his Specialisation training in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy. He has been involved with treating CrossFit athletes for 5 years and has helped some of the world’s best CrossFitters at the highest levels through to beginners of all ages. He loves and participates in CrossFit and is a strong advocate for the sport. Through participation and through his work as a Physiotherapist at all levels of CrossFit, he has developed a model of treatment that utilises the best from Sports Science, Musculoskeletal/Sports Physiotherapy, Pain Science, and Women’s Health research to provide a realistic holistic model of care balancing the biopsychosocial model of healthcare. He is NOT an employee of CrossFit, he does not represent or work for them in any way and his views and opinions are entirely his own. He holds a CrossFit level 1 – Trainer Certificate and is a CrossFit Football Coach/Consultant. Antony has a wife and 3 beautiful children in the best city in the world – Sydney, Australia!
This course is for physical therapists and healthcare professionals who have taken Female Athlete 1 with Antony Lo.
- Experience exercise in a group setting at moderate to high intensity
- To share and discuss the issues we are facing with our clients
- To have the key principles from Level 1 reviewed and the latest evidence about SUI/POP/DRAM/antenatal and postnatal conditions as it relates to female athletes/exercise.
- To learn key principles of assessment, management, and exercise
- To develop a framework to integrate these principles to begin making changes to participants’ interactions with their clients.
- To observe, audit and discuss 2 consultations during the weekend
- To develop practical ways of integrating previous education with current evidence
- To utilize a reflection sheet in relation to case studies to help participants continue to change in their interactions with their clients
- To develop new professional relationships and reinforce existing ones
We need locations that meet the following requirements:
- Within 30 minutes of a major airport
- Have hotels close by
- Be able to host 30-40 people
- Have about 15 treatment tables available for pelvic courses.
- Have space for a yoga class of 30 people for Low Pressure Fitness
- Have access to a CrossFit box that wants to host for Female Athlete
Meet these requirements? Fill out the form HERE. Let us know what courses you’d like to host!