Pudendal Neuralgia and Complex Pelvic Pain Solutions – Fort Lauderdale, FL
November 7, 8:00 am–November 8, 6:00 pm EST$557 – $657
Please stay tuned on what format this course will be. We are working on details for all of our courses to see if they will be live or online. Thank you for your patience during this strange and challenging time.
Dates: November 7-8, 2020
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL Broward Health Coral Springs
3100 Coral Hills Dr.
Coral Springs, FL 33065
Audience: This course is for pelvic physiotherapists and any other medical professionals who do internal vaginal and/or rectal assessment and treatment. Pelvic physical therapists need to have completely Pelvic Floor Level 1 (or have experience treating internally) as a prerequisite.
CEUs: GA approved. FL has been submitted. CA has been submitted. Pelvic Guru, LLC is an approved course provider for the state of NC. Please check if your state offers reciprocity or if you can request individually. Accreditation of this course does not necessarily imply the FPTA supports the views of the presenter or the sponsors
Instructor: Tracy Sher, MPT, CSCS
About the Course: Pudendal neuralgia and pudendal nerve entrapment. These diagnoses are often confusing to both patients and healthcare providers. Additionally, there are numerous differential diagnoses to consider with pelvic neuralgia symptoms.
Patients seek out the answers to these questions and often find there’s a wide variability in answers and level of expertise or understanding from health care providers:
- Do I have pudendal nerve neuralgia or entrapment?
- What are the best diagnostic tests for an accurate diagnosis?
- What type of treatment options are there?
- Is it worth getting blocks and injections? If so, what should I consider?
- What exercises are safe?
- Do I need surgery for this and what’s the best type of surgery?
Pelvic physiotherapists should be at the forefront of critical thinking, evaluation and treatment for these conditions.
This unique two-day course will provide the clinician with a better understanding of discerning the differential diagnosis of pudendal neuralgia and other conditions related to chronic pelvic pain. The focus will be on current diagnosis, evaluation and treatment techniques both from a physician perspective as well as a physiotherapy perspective. The labs will focus on palpation and treatment skills with regard to the pudendal nerve and surrounding structures that may be contributing to symptoms. This course will also highlight the various patient complaints/symptoms and provide tools and knowledge to treat patients along the continuum of care – surgery prevention to post-operative cases/protocols. This typically involves an eclectic, multi-modal, and multidisciplinary approach.
There are key elements of this course that will positively impact the clinician’s clinical thinking and hands-on skills:
- Clinical pearls and functional anatomy tips that can be applied immediately.
- Practical explanations and examples of how to integrate the latest in pain science research into the full continuum of care for these types of patients. This involves much more than simply “explaining pain”. Integrating language, actions, and home programs to facilitate this effect.
- Case study discussions and longer lab times.
What people are saying about this course:
“Tracy Sher, you are an amazing instructor! You surpassed my expectations and I can’t wait to take more courses from you!”
“Never have I felt so exhilerated after a pelvic floor course! I am so fortunate to have had the opportunity to learn from Tracy Sher and am absolutely planning on taking more of her courses. She perfectly integrated the biopsychosocial approach to complex pelvic pain. Total game changer!”
“Thank you for providing a quality course with evidence based research and molding it together with years of clinical experience. Tracy is like our fairy godmother creating us into beautiful pelvic floor prince & princess’ with the wave of her dilators and sending us off to the pudendal neuralgia ball.”
“This course is great in giving you a broader scope to explore with your pelvic pain patients. It helps you think outside the box and gives you the tools and understanding to tackle these more challenging clients. I love Tracy’s approach to treatment and hearing her case studies and reviewing case studies of us students was really helpful too.”
“I thought this course would be a good review of basic pelvic PT. It exceeded my expectations. Tracy is a wealth of knowledge and is more than willing to share her techniques to help make us all better practitioners. I highly recommend this course no matter what level of experience you have.”
Tracy Sher, MPT, CSCS
- Clinical practice in women’s health and orthopedics since 2000 (outpatient hospital and private practice). Owner and Clinical Director of Sher Pelvic Health and Healing, LLC.
- Faculty for Herman and Wallace Pelvic Health Rehabilitation Institute for four years, teaching PF1 nationally.
- International instructor and creator of Pudendal Neuralgia and Pelvic Pain Course
- Speaker on wide range of women’s health and men’s health topics
- Successfully started two large hospital-based women’s health programs and a cashe-based private practice
- Sees complex patients from local area and from around the world who seek out her expertise, critical thinking and hands-on skills
- Founder of Pelvic Guru blog and social media resource
- Understand what patients are seeking and their primary concerns when they have symptoms of pudendal neuralgia
- Learn and identify important pelvic neuroanatomical and musculoskeletal structures related to pudendal neuralgia and other pelvic neuralgias
- Become clear on how to use effective language throughout the entire course of care that integrates the latest pain science research.
- Develop a strong understanding of tests and treatment options available to patients from physicians and physiotherapists and the risks and efficacy involved.
- Develop confidence and a larger armamentarium of hands-on skills to help patients with pelvic neuralgias
8:30 Intro, Definitions, and Patient and Clinician “Pain Points”
9:15 Functional Pelvic Nerve Anatomy. What Landmarks are Important to Know and Why.
10:30 Integrating Pain Research that Makes an
Impact: Practical Examples
11:30 Case Studies and Lab
2:00 Assessment and Differentials – Physician and Physio Perspectives
4:30 Q and A
6:00 Day End
8:00 Medical Treatment and Surgery: Identifying Best Approaches vs. Least Effective
9:00 Physio Treatment Options and Clinical Pearls
11:30 Treatment Lab
2:30 Physio Treatment- Case Studies and Home Programs
3:30 Putting it all together, Q and A
6:00 Day End
What is the refund and cancelation policy?
Refunds are honored up to 30 days before the course and are subject to a $75 administrative fee. Within 30 days before the course, refunds will not be provided. If you’re unable to attend the course you purchased, you can also transfer to the same course offered later in the year (if available) for a $25 fee. Course transfers need to be done at the time of request and must be directly into a course that already exists . Transfers must happen within 1 year of the dates of the course that participant is transferring out of. There is a $50 transfer fee to transfer to a different course (and price variations between the two courses may need to be addressed). Course transfers need to be done at the time of request and must be directly into a course that already exists. If the course does not reach a minimum number of students up to 30 days before the course, the course may be canceled, and a full refund in the amount of the course ticket will be provided.
What are the course hours?
Most Pelvic Guru Academy courses last two full days, typically from 8 am to 5 pm. Please review the course registration hours for specific hours for the course you are taking.
Will I get CEUs or a certificate?
Pelvic Guru Academy applies for PT/PTA CEU credits for each course we host in the state where the course is taking place. We will make a note at the top of the course registration page once CEUs have been approved for each course. If you are coming from another state, please check with your state on reciprocity for CEUs.
What if I have to leave class early, will I still get CEUs?
In order to get full CEU credit for the course, you will need to attend all hours of the course for each day. Please plan your travel arrangements accordingly. Having stated that, we are aware that sometimes there are circumstances in which you have to leave a little early on the last day of the course. Please let the instructor know during the course and put your sign out time on our forms. We may need to adjust education credits and will do this on a case by case basis.
Will there be a printed course manual or workbook?
Pelvic Guru does not print workbooks or course manuals for our in-person courses. All attendees will receive slides and any additional materials from the instructor prior to the course. If desired, attendees can print these and bring along to class or bring a laptop, tablet, or mobile device to follow along and take notes.
Can I use a breast pump during the course?
Yes. All Pelvic Guru courses are welcoming of breast pump use. There may not be a private area available where you can still hear the instruction, but pumping during the course is always welcome. There will also generally be morning and afternoon breaks as well as a lunch break.
This course is for pelvic physiotherapists and any other medical professionals who do internal vaginal and/or rectal assessment and treatment. Pelvic physical therapists need to have completely Pelvic Floor Level 1 (or have experience treating internally) as a prerequisite.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs South
We need locations that meet the following requirements:
- Within 30 minutes of a major airport
- Have hotels close by
- Be able to host 30-40 people
- Have about 15 treatment tables available for pelvic courses.
- Have space for a yoga class of 30 people for Low Pressure Fitness
- Have access to a CrossFit box that wants to host for Female Athlete
Meet these requirements? Fill out the form HERE. Let us know what courses you’d like to host!