- This event has passed.
Low Pressure Fitness Level 1: A Certification Series – with Tamara Rial
November 9, 2019, 8:00 am–November 10, 2019, 5:00 pm EST
This course is now available self-paced at Pelvic Guru Academy.
Instructor: Tamara Rial, PhD, SCPS
About the instructor: Dr. Tamara Rial’s doctoral dissertation focused on the effects of hypopressive exercise on women’s health. Creator and co-founder of Low-Pressure Fitness, she is a professor of pelvic floor rehabilitation Masters Degree in Barcelona, Spain. She has authored multiple scientific articles and books about hypopressive exercise. As an internationally recognized speaker, she has presented in numerous scientific conferences and universities about women’s health and hypopressives.
Course Description: Low Pressure Fitness (LPF) Level 1, is a two-day continuing education course presented by Low Pressure Fitness developer Dr. Rial. LPF is an exercise therapy method based on hypopressive, myofascial and neurodynamic concepts. During the Level 1 course, participants will learn the application specific exercise techniques to coordinate the diaphragm, pelvic floor, and deep abdominal wall with a special focus on ways of facilitating improved pelvic floor and pelvic organ health for women. Participants will also learn the neuroscience and biomechanical evidence supporting the use of LPF for pelvic floor, abdominal, and diaphragmatic activation as well as indications and precautions for application.
- Participants will be able to explain and educate patients/clients on pelvic floor anatomy including the physiology of the levator ani muscle group, the abdominal wall, and the diaphragm.
- Participants will be able to explain the biomechanical principles of pelvic floor and diaphragmatic coordination.
- Participants will be able to discuss and educate a client/patient on the breathing and postural principles to maximize pelvic floor function.
- Participants will be able to list indications and precautions for use of hypopressives and Low Pressure Fitness with patients/clients.
- Participants will be able to correctly demonstrate the pelvic floor and diaphragmatic exercise technique for Low Pressure Fitness Level 1.
- Participants will be independent with use of correct coaching cues to facilitate clients/patients in correct postural alignment for pelvic floor and diaphragmatic engagement.
- Participants will correctly demonstrate the progression, procedure and transitions of pelvic floor and diaphragmatic coordination with the hypopressive technique.