- This event has passed.
Low Pressure Fitness Level 1: A Certification Series – SELF-PACED with Tamara Rial
July 29, 2020, 3:00 am–July 29, 2021, 3:00 am EDT
Tamara Rial, Ph.D., CSPS
See the ONLINE SELF-PACED Course HERE
About the instructor:
Dr. Tamara Rial’s doctoral dissertation focused on the effects of hypopressive exercise on women’s health. Creator and co-founder of Low Pressure Fitness, she is a professor of pelvic floor rehabilitation Masters Degree in Barcelona, Spain. She has authored multiple scientific articles and books about hypopressive exercise. As an internationally recognized speaker, she has presented in numerous scientific conferences and universities about women’s health and hypopressives.
Low Pressure Fitness (LPF) Level 1, is a two-day continuing education course presented by Low Pressure Fitness developer Dr. Rial. LPF is an exercise therapy method based on hypopressive, myofascial and neurodynamic concepts. During the Level 1 course, participants will learn the application specific exercise techniques to coordinate the diaphragm, pelvic floor, and deep abdominal wall with a special focus on ways of facilitating improved pelvic floor and pelvic organ health for women. Participants will also learn the neuroscience and biomechanical evidence supporting the use of LPF for pelvic floor, abdominal, and diaphragmatic activation as well as indications and precautions for application.
What people are saying about this course:
“I came into this course very skeptical of it’s content. However, I left with a new appreciation of what Low Pressure Fitness really is and what it’s capable of providing my clients. I’m so grateful I made the time to learn this technique! Tamara was an amazing instructor who made the course so fun and informative at the same time.”
“Tamara’s presentation of what proper LPF, or Low Pressure Fitness, is with and without a vacuum, is professional, back by research and incredibly fun to attend. I treat pelvic floor dysfunction and pain as well as orthopedic issues and can teach this technique and poses with variations for probably 99% of my patients as well as myself. The first day after class, I had nearly all of my patients starting with the breath training and had more than half of them doing the vacuum in a pose. The men with pelvic floor dysfunction treated felt a profound improvement in their pelvic symptoms with just this technique.”
“Great course and worth stepping out of the traditional PT box for – really fits in well with our current understanding of pressure dynamics (glottis to PF) and incorporation of full-body treatment/exercise in the treatment of PFD/prolapse.”
About the instructor: Dr. Tamara Rial’s doctoral dissertation focused on the effects of hypopressive exercise on women’s health. Creator and co-founder of Low Pressure Fitness, she is a professor of pelvic floor rehabilitation Masters Degree in Barcelona, Spain. She has authored multiple scientific articles and books about hypopressive exercise. As an internationally recognized speaker, she has presented in numerous scientific conferences and universities about women’s health and hypopressives.
- Participants will be able to explain and educate patients/clients on pelvic floor anatomy including the physiology of the levator ani muscle group, the abdominal wall, and the diaphragm.
- Participants will be able to explain the biomechanical principles of pelvic floor and diaphragmatic coordination.
- Participants will be able to discuss and educate a client/patient on the breathing and postural principles to maximize pelvic floor function.
- Participants will be able to list indications and precautions for use of hypopressives and Low Pressure Fitness with patients/clients.
- Participants will be able to correctly demonstrate the pelvic floor and diaphragmatic exercise technique for Low Pressure Fitness Level 1.
- Participants will be independent with use of correct coaching cues to facilitate clients/patients in correct postural alignment for pelvic floor and diaphragmatic engagement.
- Participants will correctly demonstrate the progression, procedure and transitions of pelvic floor and diaphragmatic coordination with the hypopressive technique.
This course is for healthcare and exercise professionals.
Want to host a course?
We’re not currently hosting live courses due to COVID.
However when we start live events again, we will need locations that meet the following requirements:
- Within 30 minutes of a major airport
- Have hotels close by
- Be able to host 30-40 people
- Have about 15 treatment tables available for pelvic courses.
- Have space for a yoga class of 30 people for Low Pressure Fitness
- Have access to a CrossFit box that wants to host for Female Athlete
Meet these requirements? Fill out the form HERE. Let us know what courses you’d like to host!