Low Pressure Fitness Certification Series Level 1 – Orlando, FL
March 2, 2019, 8:00 am–March 3, 2019, 5:00 pm EST| $607 – $757
Date: March 2-3, 2019
Location: Orlando, FL TriPT
CEUs: We will be applying for CEUs for this course but cannot guarantee that they will be available. Please note that no refunds will be given for lack of CEU approval.
Instructor: Tamara Rial, PhD, SCPS
About the instructor:
Dr. Tamara Rial’s doctoral dissertation focused on the effects of hypopressive exercise on women’s health. Creator and co-founder of Low Pressure Fitness, she is professor of pelvic floor rehabilitation masters Degree at Barcelona. She has authored several scientific articles and books about hypopressive exercise. As an internationally recognized speaker, she has presented in numerous scientific conferences and universities about women’s health and hypopressives.
Low Pressure Fitness (LPF) Level 1, is a two-day continuing education course presented by Low Pressure Fitness developer Dr. Rial and Canada’s LPF Director Trista Zinn. LPF is a novel exercise therapy method based on the hypopressive, myofascial and neurodynamic technique. During the Level 1 course, participants will learn the application of LPF for clinical populations with a special focus on women’s health and how to teach the hypopressive and LPF level 1 sequence exercises with competence and confidence. In addition to learning how to teach and adapt LPF for patients with specific conditions, participants will learn the neuroscience and evidence supporting the use of LPF for exercise and therapeutic purposes.
- Participants will be able to explain and educate patients/clients on pelvic floor anatomy including the physiology of the levator ani muscle group, the abdominal wall, and the diaphragm.
- Participants will be able to explain the biomechanical principles of pelvic floor and diaphragmatic coordination.
- Participants will be able to discuss and educate a client/patient on the breathing and postural principles to maximize pelvic floor function.
- Participants will be able to list indications and precautions for use of hypopressives and Low Pressure Fitness with patients/clients.
- Participants will be able to correctly demonstrate the pelvic floor and diaphragmatic exercise technique for Low Pressure Fitness Level 1.
- Participants will be independent with use of correct coaching cues to facilitate clients/patients in correct postural alignment for pelvic floor and diaphragmatic engagement.
- Participants will correctly demonstrate the progression, procedure and transitions of pelvic floor and diaphragmatic coordination with the hypopressive technique.
This course is for health and fitness professionals.
Day 1 (Saturday) 8 am to 5 pm
8:00 Hypopressive and Low Pressure Fitness Concept
9:00 Low Pressure Fitness physiology
10:15 Practical 1: Postural technical fundamentals
11:15 Practical 2: Breathing technical fundamentals
1:15 Pelvic floor biomechanics and physiopathology
2:15 Practical 2: LPF teaching methodology, indications and contraindications.
3:30 Practical 3: Standing and kneeling level 1 poses
Day 2 (Sunday) 8 am to 4 pm
8:00 Abdominal-thoracic LPF assessment
9:15 Abdominal vacuum assessment and breathing pattern dominant identification and corrections.
10:15 Practical 4: Quadruped level 1 poses
1:15 Practical 5: Sitting level 1 poses
2:15 Practical 6: supine level 1 poses
3:00 Practical 7: LPF Level 1 sequence masterclass
3:50 Group photo and certificates