Medicare G-Code Shortcut Tables: Pelvic PT Jackpot!

* Update 6/12/13

We are thrilled with the positive response we received for the free Pelvic PDF we offered. We received many requests for ortho, neuro, and vestibular tests as well. Here they are!

Click Here for PDFs! Ortho, Neuro,

Vestibular! (Free Pelvic still available)

A huge thank you goes to Heather Edwards for pouring lots of energy and time in to making sure the tables are accurate and well organized! She rocks!!  Here’s a message from her:

“Here it is! The tables are back and better than ever! This will be a continual work in progress for the next couple of months while we’re collecting feedback and seeing how we can make it the most effective tool possible to save clinicians as much time as possible with the new Medicare changes. If you have any requests for more tests to be added or feedback on the scoring methods, please let us know!

The intent of these tables is to save time and create fewer errors. It is the responsibility of the PT to use clinical judgment in choosing the best possible test for her need.

G Codes for Pelvic PT

There are numerous tests and we had requests for a more printer-friendly version.

TO ACCESS THE PELVIC G-CODE TABLES WE CREATED,

PLEASE OPEN THIS PDF FILE:

Pelvic Modifiers PDF

Here’s a list of the pelvic tests in our update PDF:

PGword

www.pelvicguru.com

PELVIC

• COLORECTAL-ANAL DISTRESS INVENTORY 8 (CRADI-8)
  • FECAL INCONTINENCE QUALITY OF LIFE INSTRUMENT
  • FEMALE SEXUAL FUNCTION INDEX (FSFI)
  • FEMALE NIH – CHRONIC PROSTATIS SYMPTOM INDEX (CPSI)
  • INCONTINENCE IMPACT QUESTIONNAIRE
  • INTERNATIONAL PROSTATE SYMPTOM SCORE
  • NIH – CHRONIC PROSTATIS SYMPTOM INDEX (NIH-CPSI) FOR MALES
  • PAIN DISABILITY INDEX
  • PATIENT SPECIFIC FUNCTIONAL SCALE
  • PELVIC FLOOR DISTRESS INVENTORY- SHORT FORM 20 (PFDI-20)
  • PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE DISTRESS INVENTORY 6 (POPDI-6)
  • PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE/URINARY INCONTINENCE SEXUAL FUNCTION QUESTIONNAIRE (PISQ-12)
  • PROSTATITIS SYMPTOMS QUESTIONNAIRE
  • UROGENITAL DISTRESS INVENTORY (UDI-6)
  • VULVAR PAIN FUNCTIONAL QUESTIONNAIRE (V-Q)

________________________________________________________________

Here’s a bonus for you! We received lots of requests for these two tests and associated modifiers: Oswestry and Berg. So, here they are for you. In the near future, we will be sharing a link for you to access a PDF for many more tests such as:

BALANCE, VESTIBULAR, NEURO, & GENERAL MOBILITY

• 30 SECOND CHAIR STAND TEST
  • ACTIVITIES-SPECIFIC BALANCE CONFIDENCE SCALE (ABC)
  • BERG BALANCE
  • DIZZINESS HANDICAP INVENTORY (DHI)
  • DYNAMIC GAIT INDEX (DGI)
  • FUGL-MEYER ASSESSMENT
  • FOUR SQUARE STEP TEST (FSST)
  • FUNCTIONAL REACH TEST
  • GAIT SPEED
  • PATIENT SPECIFIC FUNCTIONAL SCALE
  • PERFORMANCE ORIENTED MOBILITY ASSESSMENT, TINETTI (POMA)
  • SIX MINUTE WALK TEST
  • STROKE IMPACT SCALE
  • TIMED UP AND GO (TUG)
  • WOLF MOTOR FUNCTION TEST

SPINE

• NECK DISABILITY INDEX (NDI)
  • OSWESTRY LOW BACK PAIN DISABILITY QUESTIONNAIRE
  • P.A.C.T SPINAL SORT
  • FABQ
  • QUEBEC BACK PAIN DISABILITY SCALE
  • ROLAND MORRIS QUESTIONNAIRE
  • MCGILL PAIN QUESTIONNAIRE

ORTHOPEDIC

• DISABILITIES OF THE ARM, SHOULDER AND HAND (DASH)
  • LOWER EXTREMITY FUNCTIONAL SCALE (LEFS)
  • SHOULDER PAIN AND DISABILITY INDEX (SPADI)
  • UPPER EXTREMITY FUNCTIONAL SCALE (UEFS)
  • SF-36

80-99

80-99% IMPAIRED

CM

100

100% IMPAIRED

CN

Raw scores to correlate with official modifiers:

TEST SCORE

CL

1-11

80-99% IMPAIRED

CM

100% IMPAIRED

CN

** If you are interested in finding out more about ortho, neuro, balance, vestibular (and other) modifier PDFs, please leave your name and contact email for us! Thanks!

Heather Edwards Bio

Heather Edwards has been practicing as a pelvic physical therapist near Asheville, NC for the past 8 years. She has been a presenter on the topic of Women’s Sexuality at the Flourish Women’s Convention in Cherokee, NC. She is a Pilates instructor and a yogi as often as she possibly can be. In her “free time” she chases around her two little boys and creates ridiculously tedious projects for herself (like calculating all of the possible outcomes for g-code scores and designing logos).

34 Comments

1. Susan Parker,PT April 13, 2013 at 12:22 am - Reply

THANK YOU! We just worked on this for other diagnosis in our clinic and I was just starting to work on this for the women’s health patients. Thank you so much.
    Susan Parker,PT
    Greater Rochester Physical Therapy

• Pelvic Guru April 13, 2013 at 12:26 am - Reply

You are so welcome, Susan! Thanks for the feedback.

2. Pam McIntosh April 13, 2013 at 11:36 am - Reply

Thanks, this will be useful when compiling these for the clinic, but I thought I had some different numbers so will have to recheck my scales and values. I have a question to put out to others….I think we are putting too much into basic math computations on scales that use nominal and ordinal scoring scales, not sure that is accurate, anyone able to help me with this?

• Heather Edwards April 13, 2013 at 4:53 pm - Reply

I had this struggle (the basic math computation one) in creating these tables. I’m not sure how there would be a way to do it differently. As I start using these tests with more regularity, maybe it will become a little more clear. However, there has to be some sort of basic computation that can be done to translate it to a percentage. I’m sure that there will be some tests that translate much better to C-modifiers than others by being more sensitive over a larger scale. I’m hoping that as I get more familiar with how each of them translate, it will help me to choose the test that will likely be the best for each patient to show significant changes for g-score reporting. I really do think that this project is going to be a work in progress the further we all get into the g-code process.

And I also wonder how the developers of these tests feel about these g-code modifiers since they don’t necessarily add up with researched levels of clinical significance. On many of the tests I’ve precalculated (mainly the balance ones) I just made sure that I noted clinical significant levels along with the modifier tables so that the goal c-modifier can be set to the appropriate level for clinical significance.

The g-code “rules” do mention using outcome measures or “clinical judgement”. That was why I put in some of the sub-scores on their own tables. If one sub-score seems more clinically relevant to a specific patient and would show more of a change that is measurable in 20% increments than the total score of the test, I don’t see why that specific score could not be “clinically judged” as the best measure to use. Any thoughts on this?

I will also recheck my numbers. Feel free to let me know of any discrepancies you have and we can figure out the best method of scoring.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Kristin July 23, 2014 at 8:50 am - Reply

I have been struggling to determine an alternate method from the AM-PAC to calculate G-codes. My one question is reading up on the AM-PAC it looks like they calculated their values based on standard deviations from the mean rather than a simple linear conversion as you suggest using these tables. Have you heard anything from the makers of these tools in regards to the validity of the linear conversion you suggest to calculate impairment? Thank you!

3. Peggy Belongy April 13, 2013 at 5:04 pm - Reply

Can you please send me G code short cuts for orthopedic tests! Thanks this is very helpful! Peggy

Sent from my iPad

• Pelvic Guru April 13, 2013 at 9:00 pm - Reply

Peggy,
      We can send the info. Please share your name and email in the box within the blog. Thanks for your interest.

• Tia P April 16, 2013 at 2:02 pm - Reply

Could you please send me the G codes short cuts for the orthopedic tests? I too think they would save me a lot of time.

4. Karen Snowden April 14, 2013 at 3:13 pm - Reply

Thank you!

5. Geri White PT, DPT, WCS April 14, 2013 at 9:47 pm - Reply

Great job! Thanks for sharing…much appreciated.

6. patricia j. young April 15, 2013 at 5:22 pm - Reply

Thanks so much for the detailed work! I have soooo much gratitude for therapist like you who ink out the fine details of documentation 🙂

7. Eliza M.T. Andrews, PT, WCS April 16, 2013 at 3:11 pm - Reply

Thanks, this solidifies how we were approaching this, but makes it clearer!

8. Katie Modafferi, PT, DPT April 17, 2013 at 10:13 am - Reply

This is so awesome! You are awesome! Thanks a million!

9. Pelvic Guru April 17, 2013 at 10:16 am - Reply

We are going to send out a newer, friendlier version soon- with exact numbers and reasoning again! 🙂

• Anonymous April 22, 2013 at 5:38 pm - Reply

Tracy
      Thanks! I just created the G-Codes BEFORE i saw all the amazing work you have done – nice to check the numbers to make sure I got them right. This is a wonderfult resource. Fatima

• Pelvic Guru April 25, 2013 at 12:29 am - Reply

Thanks for your reply, Fatima!! I’m glad the numbers are checking out. Always nice to see your name pop up. 🙂 Love to you.

10. Ingrid Harm-Ernandes PT, WCS, BCB-PMD April 17, 2013 at 1:24 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for all the information . Our WH team loves it. We are very appreciative of all the work that went into this. Has anyone worked on values for NIH male and female?

• Heather Edwards April 21, 2013 at 11:33 am - Reply

NIH male and female are on the updated version! 🙂 Thanks for the suggestion!

11. Pelvic Guru April 18, 2013 at 12:41 pm - Reply

*** We learned that the table needs some minor tweaks to make sure that it is 100% perfect. So, we are currently updating it and it will be available soon on here at http://www.pelvicguru.com and we will also send out a PDF version. Thanks for all of your support and kind comments. ~ Tracy Sher, MPT, CSCS

12. Nazneen Vasi April 18, 2013 at 5:26 pm - Reply

Thank you for your time and effort in computing these! It is really helpful and greatly appreciated 🙂

13. Amy H. Fife April 18, 2013 at 5:33 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for the G-code tables!!! I appreciate all the help.
    Warm regards,
    Amy Fife, MPT, WCS, BCB-PMD

14. Vanita Gaglani April 21, 2013 at 10:36 am - Reply

Thank you so much for all your assistance in this matter.You are awesome

15. Vanita Gaglani April 21, 2013 at 1:04 pm - Reply

Hi, I am unable to open the G Codes . Can you please email those to me
    Thanks Vanita

16. Vanita Gaglani April 21, 2013 at 1:04 pm - Reply

I really am not the angry person I have been assigned

• Heather Edwards April 21, 2013 at 1:17 pm - Reply

Haha. 🙂 No one will hold the grumpy face against you! The G-codes are not up right now but should be in the next couple days with a list of tests that is even more extensive, extra shortcuts to score from raw numbers and save a few calculations, and more precise endpoints on ranges. Keep checking in! And thanks for your comments!

17. Vanita Gaglani April 21, 2013 at 1:28 pm - Reply

Heather & Tracy,
    Thank you both. You are Awesome!
    Vanita

18. […] Click on the link.: Updated Pelvic G-Codes! […]

19. Vanita Gaglani April 22, 2013 at 8:22 pm - Reply

Heather and Tracy,
    Cannot thank you enough
    Regards
    Vanita

20. Anonymous April 23, 2013 at 11:16 am - Reply

Thank you for all your hard work on this. Many of the other measures that you listed under BALANCE, VESTIBULAR, NEURO, & GENERAL MOBILITY can be found at http://www.rehabmeasures.org for those who would like to begin to use them.

21. Sue Saliga April 23, 2013 at 11:18 am - Reply

Thank you for all your hard work in developing this.
    Many of the measures listed under BALANCE, VESTIBULAR, NEURO, & GENERAL MOBILITY can be found at the web site http://www.rehabmeasures.org for those that would like to begin to use them now.

22. […] reporting of functional limitation and impairment modifiers.  Visit the PelvicGuru.com website and blog post and download the Impairment Modifier crosswalks to each of the above tests, and while your at it […]

23. Holly June 3, 2013 at 6:53 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for all the work put into this! This will help me put it into perspective! just curious…how is every one defining which category to use as the primary limitation? OT/PT other G8990 pr self care G8987?

24. homepage November 19, 2013 at 11:43 pm - Reply

There is definately a lot to know about this issue. I like all the points you’ve made.