The Ultimate Pelvic Anatomy Resource

Articles, Links, and Videos, Oh My!

Ever wanted a resource with articles, pictures, and videos of pelvic anatomy all int he same place?

Here it is!

I’ve been putting this together for a while and am very excited to share this with you! This resource will evolve and update as new, exciting links are found. The content ranges from basic articles to in-depth anatomical reviews. Please leave a comment if you think other links or articles should be included in this resource. As always, thanks for all of the support. If you are a self-proclaimed Pelvic Nerd or just want to learn more about pelvic anatomy, I hope you enjoy!

– Tracy Sher, MPT, CSCS

Beyond the Basics

Yoga and Pelvic Anatomy

• One of the BEST sites ever for combining yoga and anatomy. Great posts on the diaphragm, labral tear prevention, and the piriformis.   The Daily Bandha
  • Yoga Anatomy Visualization – Check out the anatomy pants – hamstrings, glutes. Well done!

Video Library

Additional Video Links

Download this content in PDF format!

56 Comments

1. Heather Edwards January 12, 2013 at 7:23 pm - Reply

An absolutely beautiful piece of work! This will be crazy useful. Thanks, Pelvic Guru!

• Pelvic Guru January 12, 2013 at 7:26 pm - Reply

Thanks for your comment, Heather! I’m so glad you see the value!

• Dr Stephen Eppel, Cape Town SA February 24, 2013 at 12:56 am - Reply

High Ms Pelvic Guru,

Great information, Wonderful pics and graphics. I am urologist with interest in pelvic pain and pelvic organ dysfunction. Emphasize conservative approach, starting with patient information. So…. I’m looking for really nice animations/cartoons on bladder and rectal function with neuro-anatomy and dynamic pics of storage and voiding. What say you ? Steve

2. Amanda Fisher January 12, 2013 at 9:01 pm - Reply

Love love love this email! I am a pelvic nerd! Thank you!
    Amanda Fisher

Sent from my iPad

• Pelvic Guru January 12, 2013 at 9:14 pm - Reply

Amanda- I’m so glad you love it! Thanks for commenting! That’s the goal – to get the Pelvic Nerds to say YAY…and the Pelvic Novices to become interested in becoming Pelvic Nerds!

3. Pelvic Guru January 12, 2013 at 11:29 pm - Reply

I’m thinking about adding more MRI and CT anatomy. What do you think? Any other requests?

4. Sue croft January 13, 2013 at 3:15 am - Reply

Hi Tracey What a lot of work and great resources- well done! Also thought I’d mention Pelvic Floor Recovery books as patients resources for therapists to help back up their treatment sessions with their patients. The ebook of Pelvic Floor Recovery Essentials is about to be released. Sue Croft

• Pelvic Guru January 13, 2013 at 9:44 am - Reply

Thanks for your response, Sue! I’ll check that out. Thanks for all your contribute to our field as well!

5. Tiffany Lee January 15, 2013 at 10:51 am - Reply

Hi Tracy! What a wonderful resource! I teach BCB-PMD courses for BCIA, and I am always looking for great resources to give our course participants. I will also add your link on my website http://www.pelvicfloorbiofeedback.com. Thanks for your passion and helping others become even better PF therapists! Tiffany Lee MA, OTR, BCB-PMD

6. Pelvic Guru January 15, 2013 at 1:02 pm - Reply

Tiffany- Great! I’m glad this is helpful. Thanks for sharing this and for what you do too!

7. Anonymous January 16, 2013 at 1:53 pm - Reply

awesome! I cant wait to check out the lnks to this!!!

8. Michelle January 16, 2013 at 3:42 pm - Reply

Awesome job creating this fabulous resourse for pelvic Physical Therapists and also to use for patient education!

9. Pelvic Guru January 16, 2013 at 5:15 pm - Reply

Michelle – I am thrilled to know that this can be a resource for healthcare professionals AND patients.

10. np January 18, 2013 at 9:34 am - Reply

What a great resource! This will be very helpful when helping others with doing kegels. Thanks!

11. BrendaJane Garlick February 5, 2013 at 8:43 pm - Reply

Wow! Thank you very helpful

12. Ms. Roxi (@Red_Thistle) February 18, 2013 at 9:16 am - Reply

Amazing! Thank you so much for this resource,

13. Anonymous February 19, 2013 at 9:25 pm - Reply

I plan to participate in a pelvic floor dissection next week. I am looking for anatomy illustrations to take along thanks

14. Anne Frye July 22, 2013 at 1:07 pm - Reply

I have a new 3D female pelvic soft tissue anatomy DVD that has recently been released. I looked everywhere on the site for a way to contact you directly about getting it listed here but could find no direct email address. How do I go about getting it listed? You can check out what I have to offer at the following link: http://www.midwiferybooks.com/3d-pelvic-anatomy-dvd.html

Thanks!!

Anne Frye

• Pelvic Guru July 22, 2013 at 1:44 pm - Reply

Thanks, Anne! It is now visible in the comments section and I can add it to the pelvic anatomy resources in the near future.
      Regards,
      Tracy

• Anne Frye July 23, 2013 at 2:50 pm - Reply

Dear Tracy, Sure would be nice to have a direct email address for you that wasn’t so public to discuss logistics, but in the resources list I would like to post an explanation of what my DVD offers and a picture of the cover or even a small slide-show if I can figure out how to do that. What format does that need to be in? Just to be clear (although if you visited my website your probably figured this out already), this is an item I have for sale so I am not sure what your protocols are about announcing such things on this resource list. Thanks for your quick reply.

• Anne Frye July 23, 2013 at 8:01 pm - Reply

please see my other post, I didn’t see this reply arrow to your comment before I sent it. Thanks. Anne

15. […] Another spectacular resource for pelvic floor anatomy compiled by The Pelvic Guru: “The Ultimate Pelvic Anatomy Resource: Articles, Links, and Videos, Oh My!” […]

16. Vanita Gaglani August 31, 2013 at 11:21 am - Reply

Tracy ,
    This is awesome. You are the best
    vanita

17. […] more resources on pelvic anatomy, check out this excellent post by our friend and colleague, Tracy Sher, on Pelvic […]

18. […] Want to see more about pelvic anatomy? […]

19. Pelvic Guru January 12, 2014 at 10:53 am - Reply

Reblogged this on Pelvic Guru ™ and commented:

The Ultimate Pelvic Anatomy Resource post has been updated again! I’m excited to share the additional resources. I hope you find this helpful. If there are other links, videos, or research articles you’d like to see on here, place that information in the comments section.
    Cheers,
    Tracy

20. mooreamalatt January 13, 2014 at 8:34 pm - Reply

How wonderful! I am interested in all of this as it relates to pelvic floor injuries like cystocele and rectocele specifically caused by birth trauma. I would love to find more online info alternatives to surgery. I wrote a post on the topic of basic pelvic floor health. I will go back in and add your article and some of of what is posted therein. I’d love to post my article here but it looks like I can’t post links. Natural Parent’s Network “How’s your pelvic floor?”

21. […] Check out another spectacular resource for pelvic floor anatomy, which was compiled by The Pelvic Guru: “The Ultimate Pelvic Anatomy Resource: Articles, Links, and Videos, Oh My!” […]

22. take textured paper June 23, 2014 at 5:32 pm - Reply

I don’t know if it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering problems with your blog.
    It appears like some of the written text within your content are
    running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to
    them as well? This might be a issue with my
    browser because I’ve had this happen previously. Kudos

• sherrillynn June 25, 2014 at 1:11 am - Reply

I’m not having any problems. I use Firefox. Good luck.

23. Erica van Sint Annaland July 12, 2014 at 2:51 pm - Reply

wow, just discovered this via the WH facebook group and am now browsing through the resources while on holiday- must be a pelvic nerd then. well done for putting this all together. I can also see some resources that can be used for patient education, which is great, thanks

24. Anonymous October 24, 2014 at 1:34 am - Reply

Hi Tracy! Your site is a valuable resource to the pelvic health community. I value your efforts to disseminate information to the general public and professionals! I will be referring patients and colleagues to your site!!!

25. Anonymous December 2, 2014 at 8:58 am - Reply

too good

26. Valerie Van S January 25, 2015 at 8:21 am - Reply

Wow, what a valuable resource. I will be including some of these links on http://www.mypelvichealth.ca to help others in their discovery and treatment of pelvic floor pain issues. Again, this is just wonderful!

27. Ruthie February 3, 2015 at 4:09 pm - Reply

This is an amazing resource! Thank you so much for this. An excellent addition in my opinion would be http://www.beautifulcervix.com.

28. […] between “Therapeutic Massage” and “Erotic Massage”. We avoided specificity of the pelvic muscles and made sure everyone knew erections were not allowed. To massage the origin of the gracilis was […]

29. […] Another spectacular resource for pelvic floor anatomy compiled by The Pelvic Guru: “The Ultimate Pelvic Anatomy Resource: Articles, Links, and Videos, Oh My!” […]

30. […] For lots of information on pelvic anatomy, check out this post on Ultimate Pelvic Anatomy Resource […]

31. Amy Stein, DPT March 30, 2015 at 9:37 am - Reply

This is awesome work! keep preading the word!

32. Keri Martin Vrbanac April 2, 2015 at 9:15 am - Reply

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Love it! I am so excited to read everything! I am a true blue pelvic nerd!!

33. Fetske Hogen Esch April 4, 2015 at 3:37 am - Reply

Great work and thank you for sharing. Will be very useful in our clinic but also for our students of the Master Pelvic Physiotherapy.
    Love it!

34. Biggi May 18, 2015 at 3:50 am - Reply

WoW! I take this with me when it’s raining during my holiday 🙂

35. Pat Salin Huston June 7, 2015 at 7:50 am - Reply

This has been a terrific and unique collection of resources for anyone with a passion for pelvic health. I have come to it again for links to review prior to learning more about rehab ultrasound imaging at a course next weekend. Thanks again, Tracy Sher!

• Pelvic Guru June 7, 2015 at 1:30 pm - Reply

Thanks for your comment, Pat!! I’m so glad it had been useful!! Makes me happy.

36. Katie August 23, 2015 at 3:45 pm - Reply

I am 35 weeks pregnant, having major pelvic pain/issues/disfunction, chiropractor helps now n then, but bubs is big, and pressure is full on, any advice? Please, in so much pain, discomfort and upset not being able to walk, bend or sleep well at all…
    Regards, Katie.

• Pelvic Guru August 24, 2015 at 7:39 pm - Reply

Katie – where do you live? There’s so much a women’s health/ pelvic physical therapist can offer.

37. Brianne August 30, 2015 at 3:01 am - Reply

Wow! So much fantastic information! Thank you to Michelle Lyons for sharing…

38. Dawn February 7, 2016 at 7:26 pm - Reply

Thanks

39. Scott Pratt March 12, 2016 at 1:45 pm - Reply

Reblogged this on Medical Aesthetic Journal and commented:
    The most informative Blog I have seen to date. Thank you About Pelvic Guru Founder, Tracy Sher